If you’re looking for a highly capable skincare formulation laboratory then you’ve come to the right place. The purpose of this page is to provide you with the resources you need to help you identify the right lab. There are many skin care product development companies in the United States to choose from. Please continue reading to learn about our research and development methods and custom formulation.
Skin Care Research and Development
Worldwide, the beauty industry is worth $97.5 billion annually. Private label beauty and indie brands are slowly taking away market share from established brands by resonating with consumers by offering eco friendly formulations. Brands that offer high quality custom formulations seem to fare better than those that offer generic formulas.
Whether you’re just starting out or have a successful business and are looking to expand our research and development laboratory has the expertise and the resources to help.
About GLM Labs:
- Independent beauty professionals such as hair stylists, massage professionals
- Hair salons and spas
- Amazon and Internet entrepreneurs
- Retail locations
- Big box stores
- Global brands
Research and Development Process:
- Initial consultation to discuss :
- Your goals for your brand
- Ingredients you wish to have in your formulation and those you would like to leave out
- Target market (so that we can assist with a marketing story)
- Price point (we want to make sure we can formulate a product that is in line with your budget)
- Other important matters that might be of interest to you
- Formulation deposit is made
- Raw materials may need to be procured if we don’t have them in stock at our facility
- Our laboratory will make samples. Prior to shipping samples will go through quality control. Each formula can be altered up to two times. You can get up to three different versions of the same formula.
- Approve sample for production if you wish to have it manufactured at our facility.
Contact us today to find out what we can do for you and your brand.
FAQ About Skin Care Formulation:
- Do you offer Freelance Formulations?
Our custom label lab offers freelance formulations. This option allows you to purchase the formula and have it made by a manufacturer of your choice.
- How much does your laboratory charge to formulate custom beauty products?
There is an investment of $2,500 to formulate a custom formula according to your specifications. The formula can be altered up to three times to ensure it meets your specifications. The cost to formulate is non-refundable. A portion of the formulation fee will be credited toward every time you order 1,000 units or more, which is our MOQ.
- I need a chemist to make hair products. Can you help?
We’ve formulated many different types of hair products including shampoos and conditioners, dry shampoo, hair styling products like gels, wax, pomade, creams and hair loss products to name a few. Our hair care product development is second to none.
- Do your chemists formulate perfumes and fragrances?
Yes, we can help you with a perfume and fragrance formulation.
- How long does it take your skincare formulators to create and send out samples?
Our formulators generally start working on your samples within 24-72 hours. Depending on the nature of your product we may need to procure ingredients to make sure it meets your specifications and falls within your price range. Some ingredients may not be readily available. If all ingredients are available we will usually mail samples within 7 to 10 days.
- Should I find a chemist near me to help develop my beauty brand?
The idea of working with a cosmetic chemist near you may sound tempting and should not be ruled out as long as you can find a competent chemist for hire. There are a couple of important things to keep in mind when looking to hire a freelance formulator:
- skincare lab – are they formulating your custom product in a professional lab or their basement, attic, spare room or some other place?
- Do they provide stability testing and are they using an accredited third party to run tests?
Contact us today to schedule a 30 minute consultation with our R&D Director.
Terms often associated skincare formulation services:
- natural and organic laboratory
- private label beauty labs
- how to find a chemist to make a product
- hair product chemists
- beauty product formulators
- organic skincare formulation
- fragrance and perfume chemist
- custom formulation skincare
- organic skincare formulators
- freelance formulations
- body care chemist
- cosmetology chemist